Kansas City, Kansas is one of the many cities in the US you should have on your bucket list. Not only are the healthcare facilities outstanding, but the city is booming with great local restaurants, museums, and activities that are certainly bucket list worthy. It’s the perfect city for a travel nurse to gain experience and have a ton of fun at the same time.
Here are some of the top things our travelers have said you can’t miss during your visit
- 7th Street Casino: If you’re a gambler, try your luck at the 7th Street Casino. You can eat, drink, and play all night long. Spend an evening having some fun here and see if you can walk away with a little extra cash in your pocket.
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark Kansas City: Plan a time this summer to visit Kansas City’s favorite waterpark. The countless tube slides, falls, hideouts, and lazy rivers pretty much guarantee you will have a great time. It’s awesome day out for the entire family. Take a day off and head on over and cool off.
- National Airline History Museum: The National Airline History Museum is a must-see. The tickets are affordable and you get a unique glimpse into the amazing history of air travel. You can tour all types of aircraft and get up close and personal with the pilot’s seat! It’s an incredible experience.
Hungry? Where to eat in Kansas City, KS
Slap’s BBQ is pretty much a required visit for anyone visiting the Kansas City area. It’s a staple in the community and we can see why! Their menu is packed full of some amazing BBQ and you can even take a BBQ class. Now that is a skill everyone needs, right?
“We stopped by Wednesday evening for happy hour and the service was quick, friendly and accurate. We got our plates to go. When we arrived home the food was still warm. This is our first time in the restaurant (I’ve used the catering service at work several times.) The food is just excellent. Thank you SLAP’S for a great night!” -Kristien W.
“One my favorites in the Kansas City area for sure. Had lunch there a few years ago and thought the ribs were really good. So, I thought I would try SLAPS again to make sure. Yep, even better than the first time! Great BBQ! Ribs, brisket, beans and fries! Love the atmosphere as well.” -Marcus W.
“Was staying in Kansas City heading to Florida and wanted to try a BBQ place. Did a little searching. There were several choices, and with a little more research decided to try Slaps. I’ve tried several BBQ restaurants and this place is by far the best I’ve ever tried. Not only was the food absolutely delicious, but the prices are very reasonable! My son and I had the sampler platter which was suggested to us by a very nice young man who was waiting on us. EVERY meat on that platter was amazing and the 2 sides we chose were the beans and potato casserole and those were exceptional as well. If you’re ever in the area and are hankering some tasty BBQ food, try them out. You will NOT be disappointed!! They’ve won many trophies too. I’d give them a 10 star if I could!! 😊😋” -Darlene C.
Hana’s Donuts is definitely the place to go when your sweet tooth gets a craving. They bake their donuts fresh daily and people rave about their cinnamon rolls. If you visit there, we only ask that you ship a box to trustaff HQ (we need to taste test these too).
“I first learned about Hana’s because Boulevard Brewing did a beer/doughnut pairing with them a couple years ago. That was enough to get me over this out-of-the way bakery. I’m always glad I did.
I love Hana’s for a few reasons:
* The best & most original fruit pastries: apple cherry, raspberry, mango, apricot, peach, etc.
* Clever, but not too clever concoctions: this morning’s eggnog doughnut; I can’t stand normal eggnog.
* I’ve never had a doughnut that I wouldn’t eat again in a heartbeat.
* And most of all, cinnamon rolls that land in my top three in KC.” -Tyler H.
“These donuts were delicious, best in Kansas for sure! We had to try one of almost everything! Great service, great conversations, and very welcoming! Definitely recommend the cinnamon rolls too” -Ashley F.
“Our new family favorite! Great variety of doughnuts compared to any doughnut shop in the city. Try the cherry hearts! It reminds me of a funnel cake with cherry filling, so good! The sugar bismarcks are filled to order and they are fantastic plain or filled. The cinnamon rolls are legit and so are the old fashioned doughnuts!” -Anonymous
What other travelers are saying about Kansas City, KS
Our travelers definitely loved the area too. Here’s what they shared with us:
“Kansas City was great for a travel nurse. Lots of friendly people and there’s enough to do so you’re not bored. The facility was amazing and the staff nurses were so welcoming. On my list to head back there eventually.”
“I had a BLAST in Kansas City. It took me a little to get use to being so far away from home, but the staff was amazing and they made me feel so welcome. There are some great local places you have to visit while you’re here!”