Often referred to as The Queen City, Cincinnati may not make you feel like royalty, but you can be sure there will never be a dull moment! Situated right on the Ohio River, there are breathtaking views of the city’s seven hills. Here are some highlights to enjoy when you take an assignment in Cincinnati.
Here are some of the top things our travelers have said you can’t miss during your visit:
Cincinnati Zoo: Ready to meet Cincinnati’s most recent claim to fame? Visit the Cincinnati Zoo to meet Fiona the hippo and many other adorable animals! The nation’s second-oldest zoo isn’t just a place to conserve endangered animals, but it also rehabilitates and breeds animals. Between field projects and going green, this zoo has so much to see and so much to give back to the community.
Cincinnati Brewery Tour: This city is steeped in history, including some of the country’s oldest breweries. Beer is a big deal here, and there are more breweries than you can shake a stick at. If you want to visit but aren’t sure where to start, try the Cincy Brew Bus! The tour switches between popular local breweries like Rhinegeist, 13 Below, and Taft’s Brewporium. (And if alcohol is not your style, don’t miss the Donut Trail or BBQ Tasting Tour!
Kings Island: If you’re ready for some fun in the sun, it’s time to visit the largest amusement and waterpark in the Midwest! A ticket for Kings Island also means a ticket for the adjoining waterpark, Soak City, so you’re guaranteed to have an incredible time. Take a ride on The Beast, Guinness Book of World Records’ longest wooden coaster, or Diamondback, the park’s tallest and fastest roller coaster. There are treats to enjoy, like the famous blue ice cream, and so much fun to be had!
Hungry? Where to eat in Cincinnati, OH
If you’re not about the Cincinnati’s unique local chili (or even if you are), give Eli’s BBQ a try! Started in 2011, Eli’s has grown very popular and has become a must-have for those who visit.
The restaurant started as one brick-and-mortar location with an outline of a pig on the building. Mostly through word of mouth, Eli’s has gained a cult following by those who taste it and can’t wait to go back!
- “The absolute best BBQ in the city. I love the pulled pork sandwiches with fresh homemade coleslaw, with a side of jalapeno cheese grits that can’t be beat. They also have really good fried mashed potatoes, which sounds weird but trust me on this one, they’re delicious! You won’t be sorry.” ~Suzanne T.
- “Very happy with my visit. Really good food, if you’re a first-time visitor try the pulled pork. I got mac and cheese and baked beans as a side and both were excellent. They have outside and inside seating both are comfortable and fun.” ~Dustin S.
- “Great food and speedy service. Awesome value for the portion size, flavor, and price. Would definitely recommend and I’ll definitely be returning.” ~Jai F.
Something to drink
“The Path of the Righteous Man…” begins at Video Archive. Ultimate Quentin Tarantino fans and those who love exclusivity will love this unique bar.
The Video Archive is modeled after a speakeasy, with an entrance with a video rental store facade. Staff will give you a hint of what to ‘rent’ and if you guess correctly, you’ll see the well-decorated bar open up for you to enjoy. All the drinks are well crafted with homages to Tarantino films (even a $5 milkshake) that change intermittently. During warmer months, the bar fully takes advantage of their outdoor patio by showing movies on the weekends. It’s definitely worth checking out!
- “Great place, I went a couple weeks ago with a friend. The vibe was chill and fun, they had TV trivia, the drinks are strong, music good and it’s within walking distance of my place! I’ll definitely be back.” ~Brannu S.
- “Easily one of the coolest things I’ve done in Cincy. Bartenders were great and helpful with the cocktail menu, the theme is subtle and not over done.” ~Jessica C.
- “Unique bar with a speakeasy entrance. With a movie/video motif, you are required to correctly answer a riddle with clues they offer to gain entry into the bar area. The building is small with few tables, but a long inviting bar holds many patrons along with a wall bench seating. Movies are playing on the video screens with music playing. Staff is friendly and efficient.” ~Simon R.
What other travelers are saying about Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati is a town that offers a little bit of everything. No matter your mood, there is always something to do in the Greater Cincinnati area, with more being added all the time. You won’t want to miss your chance to live here!
“Cincinnati was awesome. I loved my assignment there and the people I worked with. The city was really fun, and I kept discovering more to do each time I thought I had done it all. I kept extending my assignment.”
“My favorite place was probably Cincinnati, Ohio. Because of the city itself and because I really liked the hospital I was at. It made for an overall great experience.”