Skip to content


company | Our brands

(877) 880-0346 | Monday – Friday, 8am to 6pm ET

Licensing Guide

Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) States

The Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact allows any nurse who resides in one of the 34 participating compact states to practice nursing in any of the states forming the compact state alliance. In order to work in a compact state, a nurse must have proof of residence in a compact state as well as a current, active RN license in said state. The nurse does not need to obtain licensure in any of the other participating compact states. For detailed information about the eNLC, click here.

eNLC Compact States map

*New* Licensing Special for Allied Travelers

Now our allied travelers can join in the fun! Through October 1st, 2023, we'll not only reimburse you licensing costs, we'll also send you a brand new iPad or Apple Watch during your assignment in one a qualifying state. Click below for details on qualifying modalities.

Learn more
Allied traveler licensing special by state

General Nurse Licensing Information

As a travel nurse, obtaining RN licenses in multiple states can open up new opportunities for fulfilling assignments and higher pay rates. Maintaining multiple state nursing licenses is an investment that will give you expansive choices when you are looking for your next travel nurse assignment. States with the highest-paying assignments, like California and New York, can take more than a month to process your application, so the sooner you start the process, the faster you can earn the pay you deserve.

Trustaff is committed to fueling your ambition and we offer licensing programs to help nurses become licensed in states they are not currently licensed in. Our team is well-versed in the various nurse licensing systems and can help guide you through the process.

If you’re interested in learning more, recruiters are standing by to answer your questions. Contact us.

Female nurse welcoming into clinic